Thursday 27 October 2011

Dex and down

I had to spend most of Friday night and Saturday morning reworking all my IT security and trying to figure out what else my hacker had been playing around with. Found some other little things that look like they have been read and possibly copied but while the dates of last edits now read that they were accessed while I was at work there don't seem to be any changes to the contents.

Saturday afternoon was brilliant though. I got to keep Dexter for the whole afternoon. He took me out for a walk for an hour. Didn't make it as far as I wanted but being outside without a human babysitter for so long was definitely a step forward. I even managed to go to KFC while Dex sat in the car. In hindsight that was probably too much as I ended up having to rush home and lock myself in again after dropping Dex off.

Despite having a bad start on Sunday I managed a couple more minor successes. I managed to cook a roast chicken dinner. Hardly Gordon Ramsay but it was a step forward from the no-effort junk food I have been getting by on for the last few months.

The last three days at work have been tough. Short on staff because of holidays and flu so I am having to operate above 100%. Normally that wouldn't be a problem for a week or so, I would just survive to the end of the week and recover through the weekend. At the minute operating even close to that level leaves me wiped out by the time I get to driving home. So for a third night in a row I am exhausted again but I still can't sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment