Tuesday 20 December 2011

Fortnight of chaos

The last two weeks have been extremely hectic. Even by "normal" standards I have been ridiculously busy. Compared to the last 6 months, these two weeks have been almost inconceivable.

Going out to 9 different events and a trip to union square in 2 weeks was too ambitious a target but I did manage 8 of them with varying degrees of nerves, anxiety and fairly mild panic attacks. I was planning to ramble on a bit about each of them but I have lost track of where I even went on most of them. Huge steps forward every time though.

One thing I have noticed during my excursions has been that babysitters come in two distinct types. Either they repeatedly ask if I am ok, or they just ignore things and try to trust me that I will tell them if I need help. No preference for either type but it is strange to see people who used to trust me implicitly suddenly being so over-cautious about whether I can cope with being left alone for a few minutes in public.

At least the security of having someone else in the house for a few days meant I could sleep in my own bed. Have struggled to sleep properly since and spent about half my time back on the sofa, but even occasional nights in bed are another huge step forward.

Monday night was my first serious training session since July. More of that to come in my next blog though.

No comments:

Post a Comment