Friday 25 November 2011

Week 20

It has been a couple of weeks since I have posted an update. It's not that I haven't had the time to do it. Time is about all I have had for the last fortnight. I just didn't really have the motivation to do anything much at all with it. My washing and ironing pile is now my entire wardrobe and I just grab something each morning.

Going to Elgin for a couple of days was less successful than I had hoped. In the morning I managed to go out for a couple of hours to help marshall at a race. Even with 60 miles and half a dozen other marshalls that I have known for years I was struggling to cope. I think it is the first time I have been at a cross-country race where one of the marshalls has spent more time being sick than any of the athletes.

Things went rapidly downhill from there. Trying to go swimming on my own lasted about 10 minutes. Even with only 4 other people in the pool I couldn't deal with the crowd of strangers. Managed to go to running with Moray at night but only lasted 2 miles before I couldn't cope. Even with babysitters I have known for 20 years.

Having Friday with Dexter calmed me down a bit again. Or maybe just tired me out.

Been back at work for a shortened week this week. Taking Fridays off to get through my holidays seemed like a good idea at the time but leaves me with three day weekends to survive every week.

Having a couple of weeks without any new threats has been good. Guessing my junk mail filter is finally dealing with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment